In this digital era, websites form the most crucial part of any business. Budding entrepreneurs and start-ups are all lined up in buying the available websites for sale. It is not much of an effort to buy one probably when you sure about the broker and know what you want to have in your website. Though various points might come to your mind when you are about to buy the website. Since this is a major investment of your life therefore, we have compiled a series of points to consider when you are about to buy one.
- Domain Authority: This is basically measured on three factors: age, popularity and size. This is one of the major concerns when you are making a website purchase. Domains help in getting you higher traffic and through this you may get a high paying advertisement. Moreover, a higher domain authority means it is a high-quality website that is well optimized. SEO basically considers the score of Domain Authority. Like a newly developed site will have a score of 0 but for a higher authority it could score around 80/100. These high quality are even best suited for online marketing.
- Get to know about the platform which supports the website: Is it WordPress, Joomla, Jekyll or Tumblr that is powering the site. This will help you know whether your existing technology can support the website or not. Knowing the platform beforehand can help in making a smart investment. If you are not a tech-savvy, then consulting or hiring a technical person can help you in understanding about the platform. If it is an existing technology that you have already worked upon, then there is no need to implement it afresh. Just continue on the platform you were working before.
- Check for keyword ranking: When you are going to do hard-core business, then checking the ranking will gain you higher traffic and make more money. This needs your website to have correct keyword that can right audience and bring in more sales. Before rushing forward, just have a look at the Google Analytics to check its landing page and other associated pages that have the relevant keywords.
- Editable: Website that you have bought or are about to buy should be edited as per your choice as making changes in any website is the real challenge. This is because for editing you need to touch the code within it. If it is a content change then that could be implemented easily but for a colour scheme change or button position or any other plug in addition, you might need a programmer’s help who is well versed with the technology. Though hiring a professional to get your changes done would use some of your budget but it is still much less than what it could be when you are developing it from the scratch.
- The Website Design: Website brokers can provide you with loads of website to consider from, but the decision all resides on your side. The look of the site will all be decided as per your business requirements. And it should be carefully selected as people are more attracted towards the ease with which they can navigate your site. Thus, the design if the website is the foundation of the entire UX that comes with each and every page on the site. For the websites that are going for e-commerce or for a blog website, UX matters the most since people get to connect with your site in one go.
- Easy transactions: Transactions on a website requires a good, secure and reliable connection that will bring more charm to your website. Before buying a website make sure that the transaction process is a simple and successful one because you cannot trouble your customers with issue of online payment. This will lower your reputation and will cost you more to get the problem fixed.
- Social media connectivity: Being connected to social media is an important one as the people connected to your site will share your content and the reviews about your site if they find it suitable to their needs. Building a community wherein you can promote your business easily is a required platform. This type of marketing spreads far more easily and brings more traffic to the site. To make it popular on social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, the content should be a popular one with an original touch to it.
- Website maintenance: The process just does not end with its purchase. Its maintenance is also as important as making the purchase. Maintaining a website is a lot more important as it will generate huge profits in the long run. You just need to make sure that how are you going to spend your budget if you need an expert to do your maintenance work.
In this article, we have discussed couple of points which should be considered before buying a website. Apart from the above mentioned points, there are a lot more things to check before taking final decision. Hope this guide will help you to take proper decision. If you need some more information please contact TechAlpine