What is ReactJS?
Web and mobile applications are intuitive and adaptive. They can be developed quickly. The designing process can also be automated. ReactJS allows developers to integrate libraries and plugins with existing code. The apps developed with ReactJS are scalable, simple, and fast. It is a perfect choice for single-page apps and static websites.
What is React Native?
Across iOS and Android, React web development lets you build apps that render natively. With a single framework, React Native developers can build apps for both iOS and Android through React Native.
Differences between ReactJS and React Native
Here are some of the key differences between ReactJS and React Native.
ReactJS can help you with great UI since it executes itself on the client-side while being rendered on the server-side. This improves efficiency right from the elements like buttons to elements like dropdowns. With React Native, the components are directly compiled into native code. It is possible to create great-looking and functioning apps with React Native.
ReactJS has been created considering Search Engine Optimization (SEO) in mind. With ReactJS, it renders on the user’s server using Node. React Native is to develop a mobile UI. The apps with React Native are also smooth and fast.
ReactJS has two types of components: Functional and Class. Class components are known to have more features, however, the functional components offer better code readability. React Native has both components and modules. You can find specific components in the UI explorer for React Native. It also allows developers to create and reuse customized components.
ReactJS developers have the access to a react-router library that offers click-event navigation. On the other hand, React Native does not allow the use of a react-router but a unique library navigator. This React Native Navigation helps with accurate native platform navigation across operating systems.
With React, the data is stored and managed in local storage. The data in the local storage does not expire and it will persist even when the browser is closed. Whereas, React Native uses AsyncStorage which allows local data storage in its libraries. In Android, RocksDB and SQLite are used. With iOS, AsyncStorage is backed by native code, storing small values in a particular format and large values in individual files.
Advantages: ReactJS vs React Native
- ReactJS also comes with reusable components that offer their own logic and rendering. This translates to faster web development.
- The virtual DOM ensures higher performance with a lightweight copy of the real DOM updated. It helps in the efficiency and reusability of ReactJS.
- React Native also allows developers to develop cross-platform apps that can be deployed on both Android and iOS.
- React Native also demands less debugging and optimization, less testing, and enhancements.
Disadvantages: ReactJS and React Native
- Many developers think JSX documentation is difficult to learn, the extension used by ReactJS.
- There are frequent changes in React Library that can also be a cause of concern for many developers.
- There are few native modules in ReactJS, even though it offers third-party modules and plugins.
- The dependency on third-party libraries decreases the development speed and creating a custom module creates three individual codebases of RN, iOS, and Android.
ReactJS and React Native: Which Is Better?
The use of both technologies is very different. It completely depends on what you want to create. On one hand, you can use React for building feature-rich web applications that are fast and reliable. React Native, on the other hand, is used for cross-platform app development. They are both widely used to create modern and scalable apps.
What is Redux?
Redux is a framework for state management. It is mostly used with ReactJS based applications. Redux has a central store for managing states and it can be used throughout the application.
What is Redux Middleware?
Redux middleware are used to intercept an action before it reaches to the reducer. These middleware are used for logging, error reporting, asynchronous communications etc. Redux -Saga and Redux Thunk s are the most popular middleware.