As the iPhone 8 and the iPhone X just launched, we are reminded once again just how often and how quickly technology is changing…
Do you remember back when the iPhone 3GS was the hip technology?
It still had the home button, there was no touch ID or front facing camera, no Siri. The iPhone 3GS just then had the capability which allowed users to take a video on their phone.
But, now, we are looking at a screen the size of the entire phone, an even slimmer device, face recognition, and so much more.
And, this quick and constant evolution of technology is no different within your business either.
Whether you are looking to upgrade your system or integrate something new into your business, you are always going to have to make a change at some point. And, especially if this change is done after using the same system for a while, it can be hard to integrate it into your small business. The overall lack of understanding can lead to several errors and a lot of frustration.
The importance of new technology
Keep in mind that your business relies on the technology you use. So, the importance of new technology is one of the keys to your success…
Let’s just say you were going to feed the president dinner at your house – would you go to the grocery store, walk over to the deli, and ask for the cheapest and smallest piece of meat they have?
Probably not. That piece of meat won’t look good and it probably won’t even taste good either.
Or, if you were looking for new bank cards for your business transactions, would you look for the cheapest, least secure and least reputable ones? Probably not.
So, when you are searching for technology for your business, don’t do that either. If you set out for new technology and get the cheapest, easiest to find item, it will likely break soon. This won’t impress your employees and it sure won’t impress your clients.
And, unfortunately, it will also leave you spending more in the end after you hire someone to fix it or have to scramble, searching for another new system in a hurry.
It is better if you spend the extra money and time up front to invest in high-quality technology and correctly install and integrate it into your business:
Tips for integrating new technology
- Audit what you already have: One of the most effective ways to determine what kind of system you need is to audit what you already have:What improvements would your employees like to see?What would make things easier?What would make things more streamline?Analyze what your current technology does right and what it does wrong. This will give you insight as to features you might want to avoid this time around and others that you might want to make your top priority.
- Do your research? Research, research, research? Before you make any decisions, know exactly what it is that you are looking at.Look around as well at some reviews and forums to see what other small business owners might be saying.Does the technology actually live up to its standards?Before you go out looking for technology, it is best to already have in mind a few of your top options and know why they are your top options. Always be prepared.
- Consider outside tech support: As much as you might think you know unless you specialize in technology, there will always be someone – like tech support – who knows more about it than you do.If you are really looking to get the best bang for your buck or just don’t quite trust your own judgment, don’t be afraid to consider help from outside tech support. They might even be able to suggest an option that you did not already know about.
- Focus on quality, not quantity: Just because you have a larger system or more function does not mean it is the best option…What good does it do if you have ten features but they only function at their minimum performance? Now, compare that to five functions but all performing at their maximum performance.It is better to have a little bit of technology that does its job and does it well, rather than a lot that just does a mediocre job.
- Learn about the features: The only way to know if the technology will integrate smoothly into your business is to know the features.What can it do?What can’t it do?The worst thing is when you purchase a new device and use it for a year, then find out later that it had several features you did not even know about that could have made your life much easier.It will be much easier to integrate your new technology into your small business if you are actually using it to its full potential.
- Ask about maintenance: Most technological systems require regular maintenance.But, you need to know how often it is required, how much it will cost, and if it is something that you can do yourself.Maintenance on software can be a major expense for a business. This could be a make it or break it factor in your decision.
- Check out the accessories: This kind of goes back to learning about the features – Know everything your new technology does and then some.What can you purchase later to combine with the technology that might make it even better?Oftentimes, while a new technology might not do something on its own, you might be able to add an accessory to get the job done.This can be especially helpful if you love everything about a new technology but it is just missing one thing – add an accessory.
- Reliable Internet Solutions: This is one of the most important area to consider. Reliable internet is a must for every business. It is a part of IT management and it should be given enough importance.The reason why big companies including Red bull, Budweiser, and Pfizer among others hire professional event IT management services from Trade Show Internet is that they are reliable. They also offer custom services for the event. This is what makes it a leading internet service provider in automotive, sporting and entertainment events among others. At https://tradeshowinternet.com you can get additional info on event wifi solutions. Event managers will find it easier to manage events through the support of Trade Show Internet.You will get bandwidth solutions, on-site support, hardware deployment and management during your event form Trade Show Internet. You may review the services offered by Trade Show Internet online at https://tradeshowinternet.com/services/event-WiFi. They also offer a service level guarantee. As such, you can rest assured that there is no risk of network failure. Depending on the number of devices, you may opt for 4G internet kit or mega 4G internet kit for more than fifteen devices. You also get a wifi captive hotspot portal and branded splash page for marketing purposes. This will enable interactive sessions with attendees. The information gathered through such options may be used in the future for marketing purposes. With Trade Show Internet, you are assured of hosting a successful event.
- WiFi Solution : WiFi solution is one of the most important aspect of business connectivity. WiFi solution should be sound enough to support all types of WiFi devices seamlessly.
Our WiFi event solutions are ideal for:The one that has already become the largest technology and innovation fair aimed especially at telecommunications operators required a high-speed Wi-Fi coverage and that would support a large number of users connected simultaneously, so a solution that is rendered by https://tradeshowinternet.com is given! We are an experienced wireless Internet provider for events that can guarantee the safe, fast and impeccable delivery of temporary WiFi Internet service for your guests, exhibitors and much more.
WiFi solutions for events by https://tradeshowinternet.com
- Conferences and conventions.
- Spaces for events
- Temporary events
- Emerging stores
- Outdoor and indoor events
- Any event that requires short-term Internet service
- Event managers, you have found your solution.
Looking for events, get to https://tradeshowinternet.com/solutions/event-organizers. Providing WiFi internet coverage for your guests is often overlooked when it comes to creating and planning events. Events that may depend heavily on access to the wireless network for your guests and exhibitors are often not budgeted, planned or composed properly, which can be a great inconvenience for the event planning committee and everyone else involved. We are is a leading provider of WiFi Internet solutions for conferences, trade fairs, large open spaces and outdoor events of all sizes.
Whether your location is in a well-known event space or in a tent in the middle of an island, we can guarantee a fully functional WiFi guest network and leave you with one less subject to worry about. See more at https://tradeshowinternet.com/solutions/event-organizers.
Advanced users: unlike other events, where Wi-Fi and the Internet for guests aim to support a few hundred users with minimal Internet needs, it must be robust enough to allow many power users to download and upload files. Large Size There may be many powerful people at events, such as product launches, but there are usually only Internet and WiFi users. This can include members of the media who log on to a special network to quickly upload images and videos or members of the production team who use the Internet for job-related functions. Most Wi-Fi event service providers can handle some advanced users but we assure that we are the best service providers for your event!
Many event Wi-Fi service providers claim to use “high-end” wireless equipment, but they are actually using the lower part of the barrel technology that you would not use in your own home. Made by WiFi only uses wireless access points very high performance, support hundreds of simultaneous connections and can be implemented very quickly and affordably.
Secure networks: It’s what they do. Most attendees but can still try to connect to the network via ethernet devices It is very important that the Internet and WiFi provider deploy a secure wireless network that segues strong WiFi without a strong Wi-Fi network Realistically, you will not provide a connection for all Although cable Ethernet connections are the most reliable option, enterprise level wireless access points are the most logical.
Change is not only part of life, but it is part of a successful business.
Always monitor your small business’ systems and ask employees what they might like to see next.
It is vital to the satisfaction of your employees, your customers, and the overall success of your business to continuously integrate new technology into your small business.
And, knowing as much as you can about what you are looking for in a new software and all the features of the software you are purchasing will make the process go smoothly.
Fortunately for you, if you just refer to these 7 simple steps, the integration process does not even have to be difficult.
Have you found another tip for how to smoothly integrate new technology into your business that we did not cover here? Let us know in the comments!
We would always like to hear your input and what works for you – as I am sure your fellow small business owners would, too!