Introduction : Good old-fashioned retail therapy has leveled up in the recent years, thanks to a booming international e-commerce sector. This is with good cause, as shopping online is now much easier with tools like online shopping carts.
Online shopping carts enable e-commerce business to service large customer databases at any place and time. Shopping cart software bestows online shopping carts more impact than their brick-and-mortar counterparts. They serve not only as “storage” for products, but the gateway to processes like payment, shipping, and post-transaction services.
Pleasant user experiences (UX) on-site, neatly lined up and substantial product pages, and an easy but safe checkout process are just some of the things an e-commerce business would want from their shopping cart.
Why we need to invest in good shopping cart?
That said, a good question to ask is: why invest valuable time and money in a good shopping cart plugin as opposed to scrimping, or not having a plugin at all? How will this investment affect your activities and revenue?
If you’re hosting your own e-commerce website, then investing in a good shopping cart plugin is a must. Here’s our guide on why to invest wisely in your shopping cart software, and how much difference it will make to your customer base and to your web team.
- An appealing interface will improve the shopping experience, and draw repeat customers. Revenue generation is perhaps the biggest factor in this equation, and we can assure you that choosing a reliable shopping cart plugin will affect profits. Invest in a shopping cart that enables easy-search and clear views of product images. This will gift your customers with a very convenient and detailed shopping experience, and increase their likelihood to return and buy again at your site.
- Hosted shopping cart plugins will streamline storefront shopping in one place. There’s also the option of obtaining a hosted shopping cart, in which you pay a fee to host your storefront. Some of the big names in this industry are Shopify, Big Commerce, and Volusion. Plugins like these streamline the shopping experience from invoicing to shipping and to customer service, which will make your IT staff’s lives much easier.
- Good shopping cart plugins will link safely and reliably to your site’s payment options. Payment is another prime issue, and you’ll want to invest in a shopping cart plugin that accepts the most widely-used payment options, such as credit card payment and PayPal. You’ll want to invest in a shopping cart plugin that makes payment a breeze for both you and your customers. In addition, you’ll want to guarantee them a checkout process that safely handles their private information, such as their addresses and credit card information.
- A good shopping cart will help you interpret meaningful patterns. You can obtain streamlined data from your online shopping cart software about incoming customers and traffic. This is a big help for analyzing consumer behavior and consumption patterns, as well as revealing which aspects of the shopping experience need improvement.
- There’s a wide variety of shopping cart plugins currently available. Whatever platform your site adapts to, and whatever its needs may be, there will be something out there for it in the market for shopping cart software. There are shopping cart plugins better adapted for the content management system (CMS) of WordPress, and plugins for e-commerce frontrunner Shopify. The best shopping cart plugins are also flexible or scalable, and will allow you to customize your code based on your site’s needs.
Needless to say, a good shopping cart plugin and reliable shopping cart software is capable of that much. A good shopping cart, pleasant checkout, and other helpful features in your site are what will elevate the online shopping experience for your customers.
Invest in a shopping cart plugin for your site, and turn online shopping at your e-commerce site from good to great.